Darwin Fringe tickets are sold subject to the following terms and conditions:
- All Darwin Fringe tickets are sold through our online ticketing system on behalf of the organisation or artists responsible for providing the event, and subject to the conditions applicable to that event or for the venue where presented. Some venues have no alcohol or non-smoking restrictions. Refer to conditions of entry at venue.
- All event information is provided by the individual organisation or artists responsible; the Darwin Fringe is not responsible for incorrect or misleading event information.
- All transactions include a customer booking fee.
- Darwin Fringe runs a paper-reduced box office. We do not issue printed tickets. Patrons will be checked off via door list at Darwin Fringe Events and are therefore asked to provide ID at the door of all events. If you have no proof of purchase (eg. email confirmation on your phone) or your ID, Darwin Fringe reserves the right to deny you entry to an event.
- There is no right to refund or exchange on tickets if you have simply changed your mind or can no longer attend your purchased date.
- The right is reserved by the event organiser to add, withdraw, or substitute artists or to vary advertised events, ticket prices, audience capacity, or seating arrangements, to and make other variations as necessary.
- If an event is cancelled, no obligation is assumed by Darwin Fringe for arranging a substitute event. If the event organiser permits refunds, the transaction fee included is non-refundable. Refunds for tickets purchased by credit card will be refunded to that credit card. Tickets purchased by cash will be refunded by direct deposit.
- The venue’s management reserves the right to refuse admission.
- Late arrival to an event may result in non-admittance. No refunds will be issued should you be refused entry due to late arrival.
- Mobile phones and other electronic devices must be switched off during all performances unless otherwise indicated.
- No illicit drugs, weapons, food, or lasers may be taken into the venues.
- No audio or video recorders or cameras may be taken into the venues, or used without permission of the event organiser and venue management by prior arrangement. A breach of this condition may lead to the confiscation of all equipment and removal of the patron from the venue.
- The event organiser reserves the right to film, video, record, photograph, broadcast or, telecast the event.
- Darwin Fringe takes no responsibility for loss or damage to personal property.
- If concessions are applicable, or entitlement to any discount or membership exists, valid identification will be required upon collection of tickets and/or at the venue. The venue has the right to deny entry to a ticket holder if they cannot provide proof of concession or membership entitlement.
- Darwin Fringe collects your personal information in case of an event cancellation or change. If you fail to supply sufficient and appropriate contact information Darwin Fringe is not responsible for failure to contact you. Darwin Fringe will not share your contact information with any third party. Darwin Fringe reserves the right to use collected contact information to share other Darwin Fringe content with patrons.
- Ticket scalping is illegal. Tickets may not be resold or offered for resale at a premium price. Use of tickets in a manner which breaches any of these terms and conditions may attract criminal penalties.
- Ticket Purchasers purchase tickets and attend events at their own risk and Darwin Fringe will not be liable for any personal or professional injuries, damage or other direct or consequential loss resulting from your attendance at an event.
Artist Tix And Fringe Club
Read on if you are a Darwin Fringe Artist.
Pick up your Artist Passes from the Festival Hub info desk after emailing firstname.lastname@example.org the list of your show’s artists. Be honest; it’s a small town so word gets around if you sign up your nan and her girl gang for Artist Passes they didn’t earn.
We do not replace lost Artist Passes, keep them safe.
Artist Tix help share the love, Fringe Show to Fringe Show.
All Darwin Fringe presenting artists are eligible for Artist Tix admission to Artist Tix registered shows during the Festival.
All HUB shows at Brown’s Mart, Happy Yess, and Mayfair Gallery are open for Fringe Tix admission, plus selected others indicated on each online event listing.
Each Darwin Fringe presenting artist is entitled to up to four Fringe Tix events.
- Have your artist card on you.
- Have at least 1 show left on your card (we count them off each time).
- Wait until the show starts to find out if there are any free seats.
- Do as directed by the Ticketing staff – if they say the event is full or Artist Tix are unavailable, say thanks and try for another awesome show.
If there are shows you absolutely want to see we recommend you BUY A TICKET, just like you want people to do for your show! Artist Tix are only available if there are seats to be filled once the show has started.
All Darwin Fringe presenting artists are able to attend the Fringe Club upon showing their Artist Pass on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights during the Festival.
Although you are able to attend for free, it’s a nice gesture to tip the act performing if you can – the Ticketing staff will accept donations to the Fringe Club artists of the night (who, just like you, rely on door sales).
Complaints or Questions
Darwin Fringe complies with the Live Performance Australia (LPA) Ticketing Code of Practice, which governs the purchase and use of tickets to Live Performance events and related matters. Consumer and Industry codes are accessible to the general public at www.liveperformance.com.au. If you have a complaint or question regarding the Darwin Fringe Terms and Conditions of sale please contact Darwin Fringe in the first instance: