Heave away your woes as our crew lead you in a good old fashioned singalong. Join us a for a few beers (or not, we don’t judge), a lot of laughs, and a whole mess of sea songs, plus some others thrown in for good measure.
No singing experience necessary and the more frivolity and enthusiasm the better!
We’re very friendly (we promise) so leave your hesitations at the door, don your pirate attire if you desire, and join Captain Jazz and friends for some irreverent, passionate and surprisingly heartwarming fun.
Duration: 45 minutes
Our captain hails from Warrane/Sydney where shanty clubs thrive in unassuming bars on unexpected evenings. A fan of creating community and connection through music, she has a knack for seeking out delightful hidden gems and bringing her tribe along for the ride. After adventuring in many shanty clubs around Australia she has recently discovered the delightful musical energy of Garramilla/Darwin. Join Captain Jazz and friends aboard an experience like no other.
Brown's Mart Courtyard
RestrictionsContains adult themes Contains strong language Contains themes of death & grief May contain themes of animal cruelty May contain themes of colonialism May contain themes of racism May contain themes of slavery References sexism, homophobia or jokes about gender References war
• No bookings required for this event
• Licensed Venue
• Wheelchair Accessible
• Offer gender neutral toilets
• Have a fully accessible public toilet that is unlocked
• Access to the smoking and bar areas are wheelchair friendly
• Accessible by public transport
• Car park suitable for wheelchair transportation available within 2 minutes of the venue entrance
• Signage is clear, large and easy to read
• Assistance dogs welcome
• Seating options are available in all spaces
• Railing is used where appropriate (stairs and toilets etc)