Mutally Assured Distraction showcases three comics who have been tearing up the Darwin comedy scene in 2021. Come for the dry wit of Scott Northover, searing observations from Adam Sherriff, and stick around for whatever it is Chris Little does.
Scott is a certified Cool Dad, more likely to be crafting the funny out of words in his spare time than measuring out a new deck. His attention for detail will leave you running a joke over in your head long after the laughter has faded into the setup of the next.
Getting a taste for performing comedy at an early age, Adam won’t shy away from a story that makes audiences squirm before the punch. Adam bounds from the gross delirium of a night out, to staying vigilant on what’s bullshit and what is slightly less bullshit.
Chris will get on stage and drop a perfectly good bit just to make up a personalised ad jingle for an audience member. Or worse, improv a slam poem about a mountain goat that’s too far gone with their credit cards or whatever. Lord knows why he keeps getting asked back for shows, but obviously something is working.
Scott has been doing standup since 2019 and has been a regular at spots around Darwin including Happy Yess, Landmark, Dolly’s, One Mile Brewery and the Railway Club. He has a background in theatre production, writing, directing and performing, and first performed standup comedy at Sit Down Comedy Club in Brisbane. Scott is a RAW Comedy Darwin finalist. Adam first started performing comedy through the Class Clowns workshops and has performed around Port Pirie, as well as local gigs including One Mile Brewery. Chris has been performing comedy in Alice Springs since 2015 and is co-founder of Red Centre Comedy. He now lives in Darwin and is a regular at comedy circuit venues. Chris has performed in Laugh It Off (Browns Mart Theatre; 2016), Seven Deadly Sinners Showcase (Darwin Entertainment Centre; 2018), and Darwin Fringe (Comedy Garden; 2018). Interstate shows include Adelaide Fringe (2017; 2019), Melbourne Fringe (2017), MICF (2018).
Haha Comedy Garden at Hotel Darwin
Ticket price $7.50
RestrictionsContains adult themes Contains strong language References drug and/ or needle use References mental illness, suicide or self harm This show is suitable for teenagers over 15 as long as they have supervision
• Licensed Venue
• Wheelchair accessible by entering through the side of the venue
• Car park suitable for wheelchair transportation available within 2 minutes of the venue entrance
• Access to the smoking and bar areas are wheelchair friendly
• Food is available for purchase
• ATM on site
• Have a fully accessible public toilet that is unlocked
• Accessible by public transport
• We accept various forms of contact (written, verbal etc) this includes for complaints and bookings
• Allergy free food/ beverages available upon request and staff behaviors modified to support notified allergies
• Staff are trained to respond to allergies
• Staff are trained in basic disability awareness
• Assistance dogs welcome
• Seating options are available in all spaces for people with mobility issues