As seen and heard on the Top End Comedy Gala, Network 10’s The Project and Studio 10, ABC’s Comedy Bites, triple j’s Good Az Friday and more!
Double-dosed with AstraZeneca (because he’s not a coward) and boosted with Pfizer (because he’s not brand loyal), Michael Shafar is back licking everything again!
That’s right, everyone’s favourite Jewish, cancer-surviving, lawyer-turned-comedian is returning to Darwin to solve all of the world’s problems with a new show.
How do we get everyone vaccinated? How do we solve racism? How do you fold a fitted bed sheet? Michael promises to offer pragmatic solutions to all of these equally important problems.
‘Shafar circumnavigates the line between edgy and offensive with beautiful finesse. ★★★★½’ The Age
Since leaving a career in law for comedy, Michael has been working hard to win his Jewish mother’s forgiveness, and has (somewhat) achieved that, having performed around Australia, New Zealand, Asia, the US and on international waters. In 2016, Michael burst onto the comedy scene in the RAW Comedy National Final, represented Australia in the Laugh Factory’s Funniest Person in the World Competition and toured across Asia, headlining at the continent’s biggest clubs. He has since gone on to appear on Network 10’s The Project and Studio 10, ABC’s Comedy Bites, triple j’s Good Az Friday, and toured four shows around the country, regularly selling out at Australia’s major festivals, including the Melbourne International Comedy Festival. He’s also had 20+ millions views online, most of which are probably anti-vaxxers who hate-follow him on TikTok.
Haha Comedy Garden at Hotel Darwin
Ticket price $15.00
RestrictionsContains adult themes This show is suitable for teenagers over 15 as long as they have supervision
• Licensed Venue
• Wheelchair accessible by entering through the side of the venue
• Car park suitable for wheelchair transportation available within 2 minutes of the venue entrance
• Access to the smoking and bar areas are wheelchair friendly
• Food is available for purchase
• ATM on site
• Have a fully accessible public toilet that is unlocked
• Accessible by public transport
• We accept various forms of contact (written, verbal etc) this includes for complaints and bookings
• Allergy free food/ beverages available upon request and staff behaviors modified to support notified allergies
• Staff are trained to respond to allergies
• Staff are trained in basic disability awareness
• Assistance dogs welcome
• Seating options are available in all spaces for people with mobility issues