Yogis and Metalheads unite! Mega Metal Yoga is an enlightening and exhilarating movement experience that combines the ebb and flow of a yoga class with the moody undertow of live metal music. Join experienced facilitators Jenelle Saunders and Kelly Beneforti for the most transcendent yoga class you’ve done yet, as together we breath, move, release, and reach for metal-infused rapture with the Shred Guru.
No yoga background or knowledge of metal music is required; this experience is for the curious. You can expect to follow along with movements inspired by Yoga postures and the guttural energy of Metal mosh pits, that gradually build in intensity and then wind down to a final relaxation . Mega Metal Yoga provides a supported, inclusive space to connect with your inner wisdom, guided with skill, passion, a lot of grunt and a light-hearted approach.
Limited space available. Please wear comfortable clothes you can move in and bring a water bottle, towel, and cushion. We recommend participating in bare feet but you can bring supportive footwear if required.
Jenelle Saunders and Kelly Beneforti are local dancers, artists and facilitators with extensive experience in teaching movement-based classes and workshops. They are both closely involved in the local arts community as independent artists as well as with organisations such as Tracks Dance Company and Browns Mart Theatre. They both have personal yoga practices, an interest in heavy metal music, and a light-hearted curiosity about the possibility of creating a new subculture in the space between. The Shred Guru, the third collaborative and live wired sound element in this art experiment, requests not to be identified.
Brown's Mart Studio
Ticket price $15.00 - $40.00
• Licensed Venue
• Wheelchair Accessible
• Offer gender neutral toilets
• Have a fully accessible public toilet that is unlocked
• Access to the smoking and bar areas are wheelchair friendly
• Accessible by public transport
• Car park suitable for wheelchair transportation available within 2 minutes of the venue entrance
• Staff are trained to respond to allergies
• Staff are trained in basic disability awareness
• Epi-pen on site
• Signage is clear, large and easy to read (for people with vision impairment)
• Assistance dogs welcome
• Seating options are available in all spaces
• Railing is used where appropriate (stairs and toilets etc)
• Use of Braille and/ or tactile signage in the toilets