Love Steals Us From Loneliness by Gary Owen
A night out. Friends, alcohol, a shit club, a strop – the usual. But tonight is different. Tonight will change things forever.
Welsh actors Alyson Evans and Julian Richards reunite in this play reading that transports them back to the town where they spent their teens. Joined by Ciella Williams, Nicky Fearn and Thomas Midena, the play looks to life in the Welsh Valleys in the 2000’s, and gives us a glimpse of what can happen when one life changing evening goes horribly wrong.
Duration: 1 hour with no interval
About the artists
Alyson Evans and Julian Richards have a long history of performing together since their first meeting at Drama School in 2002. Since then, Alyson has gone on to work as a theatre maker and community artist based in Darwin, with Julian continuing his acting career in the UK. Most recently, Julian was seen onstage at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival with ‘Fly Me to the Moon’ (2022), and Alyson last performing at Darwin Fringe as Katie the Fridge in ‘Fridge the Play’ (2021).
Brown's Mart Theatre
Ticket price $15.00
RestrictionsContains adult themes Contains strong language Contains themes of death & grief This show is suitable for teenagers over 15 as long as they have supervision
• Licensed Venue
• Wheelchair Accessible
• Offer gender neutral toilets
• Have a fully accessible public toilet that is unlocked
• Access to the smoking and bar areas are wheelchair friendly
• Accessible by public transport
• Car park suitable for wheelchair transportation available within 2 minutes of the venue entrance
• Signage is clear, large and easy to read
• Assistance dogs welcome
• Seating options are available in all spaces
• Railing is used where appropriate (stairs and toilets etc)