Free courtyard performace
Take a seat and enjoy a free live set from Jaemie.
Jaemie works all across the Top End with rangers in so many beautiful places, beautiful spaces, with beautiful faces which all inspire his songs and stories to uplift and transform, to look beyond the day to day drudge and remember why we live in the wild territory and how much we have to celebrate.
Duration: 1 hour
Growing up in Adelaide the festival city and exposed to festivals and WOMAD, a great band scene and many other musical experiences led Jaemie to an early life of circus and music and eventually working with kids across the Western Top End teaching music.
He later moved into land management and works with rangers and is lucky to travel to beautiful places, working on country with amazing people, from the islands, escarpments and floodplains of Arnhem Land, throughout Kakadu to the plains of Peppimenarti and the escarpment country of the Moyle River, the Katherine River and Daly floodplains and everywhere in-between.
So many beautiful places that inspire songs and stories to celebrate life and the wild lands, lift the gaze from the day to day drudge of politics and oppression. After many years of living out bush Jaemie has returned to live in Darwin and focus more on music and festivities again.
Brown's Mart Courtyard
RestrictionsThis show is family friendly
• No bookings required for this event
• Licensed Venue
• Wheelchair Accessible
• Offer gender neutral toilets
• Have a fully accessible public toilet that is unlocked
• Access to the smoking and bar areas are wheelchair friendly
• Accessible by public transport
• Car park suitable for wheelchair transportation available within 2 minutes of the venue entrance
• Signage is clear, large and easy to read
• Assistance dogs welcome
• Seating options are available in all spaces
• Railing is used where appropriate (stairs and toilets etc)