REGISTRATIONS COMING SOON
This is for anyone wanting to birth a fringe baby, but not quite sure where fringe babies come from. Your fringe baby might be in the form of theatre, cabaret, burlesque, comedy, film or dance. It could look like a written draft of a , a funny story in your head that you have no idea how to put in front of an audience, or random shapes drawn on post-it notes on your computer screen that you think could very well be the next Nanette.
We will book looking at dramaturgy that applies across a wide range of performative forms. Essentially if it involves bodies in a space, there will be something in this workshop that can help you move your idea forward.
We will be doing some practical hands on activities in order to nudge your idea a little further into a tangible reality.
This workshop is specifically looking at creating work for the Fringe Festival setting and how you can produce your best work with minimal resources.We’ll be flipping the idea of a fringe show being the daggy cousin of a major festival work, and looking at how fringe can really push your creativity hard.
This is a partly theoretical, partly practical workshop so please bring your ideas (or come ready to make create some ideas!), something you feel comfortable to move around bit in, and something to write with.
– self-producing 101: What’s the least amount of work you need to do in order to create an art you’re proud of, a heap of people engaged in your art, and dollars in your bank.
– Fringe Artist Toolkit: tools for generating ideas, devising the work, and documenting your process. How to share your work along the way, and when’s the right time to get feedback and begin killing your darlings.
– ♫ Go off the deep end… I don’t think you wanna go off the deep end…♫: self care for the artist and how to keep making progress on your show without ending up in a sobbing, drunk and overwhelmed heap 1 week out from Darwin Fringe 2021.
This is a 4 hour workshop with a 30 minute break.
Brown's Mart Theatre
RestrictionsContains adult themes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Fully accessible toilet opened all the time
- Genderless bathrooms available
- Baby change station available
- Close to public transport (within 1 minute)