I will share my journey into fingerpicking gospel/blues and ragtime guitar. I am 39 y.o. and has been playing as a keen hobby since he was 19 with some breaks here and there but the last 7 years have worked hard to reach towards my guitar playing potential in the fingerpicking Gospel/Blues/classical genre’s.
I am also a big fan of Bob Dylan and anything raw and bluesy or story teller kind of songs. with many listening hours under my belt, I sometimes try to do a Bob Dylan impersonation and play harmonica.
My passion is in the guitar playing. Something about the old blues recordings of Broonzy and Rev. G. Davis and others struct me as inherently valuable and I’ve been trying to play like them the last 6-7 years.
About the artist
I am a 39 y.o male. I was born in Darwin and grew up in Howard Springs. I have had a guitar playing passion since I was 19 years old and have practiced a lot since then as a way to relax and unwind. I would always find inspiration to learn new songs. The past 7 years I have practiced with a bit more seriousness and regularity and this has helped me improve dramatically especially in the past 5 years. I simply love blues music especially acoustic music. I like how an acoustic instrument vibrates while I’m playing it and the player can feel those vibrations, it’s a cool thing.
Brown's Mart Courtyard
RestrictionsThis show is family friendly
• Licensed Venue
• Wheelchair Accessible
• Offer gender neutral toilets
• Have a fully accessible public toilet that is unlocked
• Access to the smoking and bar areas are wheelchair friendly
• Accessible by public transport
• Car park suitable for wheelchair transportation available within 2 minutes of the venue entrance
• Staff are trained to respond to allergies
• Staff are trained in basic disability awareness
• Epi-pen on site
• Signage is clear, large and easy to read (for people with vision impairment)
• Assistance dogs welcome
• Seating options are available in all spaces
• Railing is used where appropriate (stairs and toilets etc)
• Use of Braille and/ or tactile signage in the toilets