Could you be Australia’s next poetry slam champion?
Australian Poetry Slam and NT Writers’ Centre bring you the high-stakes poetry competition of the year! Hosted by poet and performer, Laurie May.
Twenty spots, two minutes each. All poets are invited to show us what you’ve got for the chance to represent the NT in the National Australian Poetry Slam at the Sydney Opera House. Registration on arrival, get in early. Or, come show your support in the audience and help find the next Darwin poetry champion!
- 2 mins max so no preamble – just poems!
- 20 entrants max in heats, sign-ups close 15 minutes before event goes live so get in early.
- Second round for the top 5 scorers.
- Must be two unique poems and original works of course – nothing you’ve performed at slam before
- No props, just you!
- For more info on rules etc: http://www.australianpoetryslam.com/
- Hand sanitiser will be onsite and we will clean mic in between poets.
- 1.5 metres between people
- Don’t come if you are sick
Performers enter free – book your spot via the ticketing link
Supported by the NT Writer's Centre
Laurie May is a poet and spoken word performer and the Artistic Director for the Red Dirt Poetry Festival. She is a former Alice Springs slam champion and NT representative for Australian Poetry Slam, Australia’s largest annual slam competition.
The NT Writers’ Centre has been celebrating and developing NT stories since 1997.
Ticket price $0.00 - $10.00
- Wheelchair friendly
- Open accessible toilet
- Uni-sex toilets available