The zig-zag semi-autobiographical journey of a spoiled Chinese daughter trying to cope with cultural shocks and sexual liberations away from her family’s supervision back in China. This 40-minute stand-up comedy show is based on the comedian’s experience as an international student in the US and life during a global pandemic in Australia. It is semi-autobiographical and self-exploring journey filled with jokes on family drama, romance and sex, language and culture explorations.
He Huang grew up in a small town of Chongqing, China, a mountainous region. Her extended family live in that area for generations with a strong passion for drinking, cursing, and gambling. Growing up as an only child, she was pampered with love and did not like sharing food, “very impulsive and selfish”, a lovely quote from her mum. She completed her university in Beijing and her master’s degree in the U.S. Then she found her passion in stand-up comedy. Without any hesitance, she gave up her promising career and came to Australia as a crazy and broken Chinese to pursue her dream in comedy right before COVID hit. If you want to find out how crazy and broken she is, join her for some funny and quirky jokes and stories.
He Huang grew up in a secluded small town in the southwest of China, a mountainous region. She went to the US for her master’s degree in policy analysis; however, she found her passion in stand-up comedy. Now she lives in Australia to pursue her dream of being a professional standup comedian. She has been performing stand-up comedy all over in the US including Washington D.C., Maryland, Virginia, New York City, Rochester NY, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and Dallas Texas etc. She also performed in China, Bangkok, Cambodia. She was a RAW comedy competition national finalist 2020.
Haha Comedy Garden at Hotel Darwin
Ticket price $16.00 - $20.00
Restrictions18 and over Contains adult themes Contains references to trigger content Contains strong language Makes reference to racism/jokes about race/stereotyping References sexism, homophobia or jokes about gender
• Licensed Venue
• Wheelchair accessible by entering through the side of the venue
• Car park suitable for wheelchair transportation available within 2 minutes of the venue entrance
• Access to the smoking and bar areas are wheelchair friendly
• Food is available for purchase
• ATM on site
• Have a fully accessible public toilet that is unlocked
• Accessible by public transport
• We accept various forms of contact (written, verbal etc) this includes for complaints and bookings
• Allergy free food/ beverages available upon request and staff behaviors modified to support notified allergies
• Staff are trained to respond to allergies
• Staff are trained in basic disability awareness
• Assistance dogs welcome
• Seating options are available in all spaces for people with mobility issues”