This Is Me: You’d think it would be an easy statement, but it’s been a journey.
Join Adelaide-based, critically acclaimed singer and pianist Becky Blake (Chunky Custard/Piano Chicks) and her fabulous local band for an exploration of identity through stories and song.
Expect music from Carly Simon, Alicia Keys and Elton John as well as some original tunes and even a disco song, sung in Tagalog.
From her youth in remote NT to her transformation to critically acclaimed and globe-trotting international songwriter and artist, Becky finds her connection with her Darwin Filipino and Aboriginal ancestry.
Winner: Best Cabaret Weekly Award, Adelaide Fringe Festival, 2017
Adelaide Theatre Review: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Malaysia’s The Star Newspaper: “Ultra-slick, smooth as wine”.
The Advertiser: “Note-perfect, professional… and full of humour.”
The Clothesline: “Mesmerising… her command of the keys… The lady can sing, act and play”
You will probably recognise Becky Blake as Miss Candy Bar from Australia’s greatest show band Chunky Custard, entertaining audiences internationally for decades. Becky is also known as The Piano Chick, performing her own cabaret shows to rave reviews at the Adelaide Fringe and Cabaret Fringe Festivals and on cruise ships, winning an award for Best Cabaret for Fringe 2017. More recently Becky has been exploring her cultural Filipino and Aboriginal heritage, performing as feature artist at the Oz Asia Festival and wrote the original song, Where My Footsteps Tread, for the international multi-award-winning documentary I’m Not A Runner. Adelaide Theatre Review: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Malaysia’s The Star Newspaper: “Ultra-slick, smooth as wine”. The Advertiser: “Note-perfect, professional… and full of humour.” The Clothesline: “Mesmerising… her command of the keys… The lady can sing, act and play”
Brown's Mart Studio
Ticket price $18.00 - $33.00
RestrictionsMay contain the image, voice or name of an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander who has passed away. This show is family friendly
• Licensed Venue
• Wheelchair Accessible
• Offer gender neutral toilets
• Have a fully accessible public toilet that is unlocked
• Access to the smoking and bar areas are wheelchair friendly
• Accessible by public transport
• Car park suitable for wheelchair transportation available within 2 minutes of the venue entrance
• Staff are trained to respond to allergies
• Staff are trained in basic disability awareness
• Epi-pen on site
• Signage is clear, large and easy to read (for people with vision impairment)
• Assistance dogs welcome
• Seating options are available in all spaces
• Railing is used where appropriate (stairs and toilets etc)
• Use of Braille and/ or tactile signage in the toilets