It’s your monthly paint jam in Austin Lane. Better yet, the Darwin Fringe Festival is on making it your chance to get out and create!
❌ COVID19 CHANGES ❌
– Please DO NOT attend if you are feeling unwell or displaying flu like symptoms
– If you want to paint please RSVP to help us plan out extra space on the wall (if you’re painting with some freinds or family just book 1 spot for the whole group)
– We will not paint a group piece together so we can space out by 1.5m
– Hand santiser and wipes provided however we encourage you to bring your own stuff
– Cough and sneeze into your elbow
☥ This event is for creatives who identify with being female or non-binary (trans and cis) ☥
** The event only costs if you want to use some paint because you haven’t bought your own. See more below in the Frequently Asked Questions. **
Supported by Radio Gnome Records and Proper Creative
Frequently Asked Questions
Q Were these sessions called Gurls Graff Darwin before?
Yes, we have changed the name to make it more approachable (:
Q I don’t really feel like painting but I still want to come?
Bring something else to work on, skate the lane or just hang out. Not everyone will be painting.
Q What if I don’t have paint?
Bring some cash to put in for the communal stash. This’ll give you access to a few spray cans ($20 will suffice).
Q If I have my own paint do I still have to pay?
Not at all. That’s only for people who want to paint and don’t have their own.
Q I haven’t painted before should I come?
YES! This is the perfect space to learn.
Q Is this a workshop?
No it’s a social hangout with no structure. You can make it whatever you want (:
Q How much space do we get to paint?
As much as you want. We’ll bring some background paint that’s been donated and will clear out a section of the wall. But feel free to find your own space to work on your own art work.
Q Food and drink?
Surrounding outlets will be open however we recommend bringing a water bottle! And snacks are always welcome (ahem encouraged) 😉
Q Are people who identify as male welcome?
It’s a public space but we ask that you respect that these sessions aren’t for you. Come by, say hi and maybe drop snacks but we thank you for respecting our activity in this space.
Ticket price $0.00
– 5 minutes walk from main bus route on Smith St
– Street parking available for free all weekend
– Wall space is wheelchair accessible and toilets are available