Afrodisia is a celebration of African, Latin and Carribean influenced sounds – the infectious rhythms of Dancehall, Reggaeton, Afro & Latin-House, Afrobeats and more. An invitation to movement featuring live African percussion, dancers, MC’s and singers rocking to a soundtrack from Darwin’s forward thinking selectors Ms Possum, JEM, Mista Monk and DJ Charly Templar. Sure-fire dance-floor vibes in a tropical manner from Riddim Den Productions, the crew involved in Imagine Seaside Carnival, Fuego, Dia De Los Muertos, and Riddim Den parties.
About the collective
Riddim Den Productions are DJ’s and creatives Ms Possum, JEM from Foldback Media and Mista Monk of Black Jesus Experience. The crew have been pushing diverse dance music, hip-hop and original live music in the NT for over a decade. Between them they have successfully curated events and club nights such as Imagine Seaside Carinval, BBQ Sessions, Fuego, Dia De Los Muertos, and Riddim Den at Darwin Fringe 2020. Monk founded Afrik club night in Melbourne and between them the trio have performed at Darwin Fringe, Darwin Festival numerous times, plus Wide Open Spaces, Glastonbury and Melbourne International Jazz Festival to name but a few.
Lucky Bat Cafe & Pizzeria
Ticket price $25.00
Restrictions18 and over
• Licensed Venue
• Wheelchair accessible
• Food is available for purchase
• Accessible by public transport
• We accept various forms of contact (written, verbal etc) this includes for complaints and bookings.
• Staff are trained in basic disability awareness.
• Allergy free food/ beverages available upon request and staff behaviours modified to support notified allergies.
• Assistance dogs welcome.
• Seating options are available in all spaces for people with mobility issues.
• Car park suitable for wheelchair transportation available within 2 minutes of the venue entrance.
• Railing is used where appropriate (stairs and toilets etc).